Native Bovine Fetuin
- Product Type
|Fetuin, a glycoprotein present in serum, is synthesized by hepatocytes and is an important inhibitor of soft tissue calcification. It is frequently used as a tissue culture medium supplement contributing to the attachment and spreading of cells. Fetuin is a member of the cystatin superfamily of proteins.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified bovine fetuin from fetal calf serum - lyophilized
- Use sterile distilled water to give a solution of 1.0 mg/ml
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Protein content: >80%
Total impurities: <0.3% Free N-acetyl-neuraminic acid
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 48.4 kDa
- For research purposes only
- 6 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Fetuin
Dziegielewska, K. M. et al. (1990) The complete cDNA and amino acid sequence of bovine fetuin. Its homology with
alpha 2HS glycoprotein and relation to other members of the cystatin superfamily.
J. Biol. Chem. 265: 4354 - 4357.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0030502 negative regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0050727 regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050766 positive regulation of phagocytosis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up