- Product Form
- Purified streptavidin from Streptomyces avidinii - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with distilled water or saline.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified streptavidin prepared by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate/Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1% Mannitol
- 17 U/mg streptavidin
One unit will bind 1 µg of D-biotin.
- SDS PAGE: >95%
- Molecular Weight
- 53 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Streptavidin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)