- Product Type
- Accessory Reagent
- READIDROP™ 7-AAD
|7-aminoactinomycin (7-AAD) is a fluorescent dye that has a high affinity for GC-rich regions of double stranded DNA. 7-AAD is not membrane permeable and therefore requires the compromised membranes of dead cells to bind to DNA. Upon excitation with an appropriate light source, dead cells exhibit higher fluorescence intensity than live cells, thereby enabling clear discrimination of these populations by flow cytometry. Dead cells can then be excluded from further analysis and also sorted from cell populations of interest. The spectral properties (Excitation 546 nm/ Emission 647 nm) enable use in both single color and multi color flow experiments. The convenient dropper bottle format removes the manual weighing, pipetting and dilution steps required by other commonly available 7-AAD products.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Instructions For Use
- Caution: Wear gloves, safety glasses/face protection, and protective clothing to avoid direct contact of ReadiDrop solutions with skin and eyes.
1. Resuspend 1 x 106 cells in 500 μl flow cytometry buffer (1x phosphate buffered saline with 3% BSA). The cell concentration is now 2 x 106/ml.
2. Add one to two drop of ReadiDrop 7-AAD to the cell suspension.
3. Vortex briefly.
4. Incubate for 1-10 min at room temperature.
Note: Adding one drop to a 500 µl cell suspension produces a final dye concentration of 1 μg/ml. This is typically sufficient to stain 1 x 106 cells. If one drop is not sufficient for your cell type, adding a second drop may improve staining efficacy. When working with a larger volume of cells, scale ReadiDrop solution amount accordingly.
5. Analyze cells by flow cytometry.
- Detect 7-AAD signal in FL3 on Bio-Rad's S3e Cell Sorter. Otherwise, select the most appropriate FL channel on your particular instrument.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up