- Intended Use
- BUF033A is a high performance ELISA blocking buffer for use in all ELISA formats with high background problems. The formulation includes a proprietary fish extract, molecular stabilizers and an antimicrobial agent. It is particularly useful in antigen-down and sandwich ELISA assays with mammalian samples, especially human, bovine and porcine serum, where the non-mammalian blocking proteins are less likely to interact with endogenous antibodies in the serum sample.
Superior blocking is possible due to the small size of the molecules which block non-specific binding sites on the adsorbed protein and unoccupied regions of the polystyrene plates often sterically inaccessible to traditional blockers. It provides a long-term stable environment for coating antigen or capture antibody. Plates can be blocked at room temperature and stored once dried for up to a year at +4°C.
- Product Form
- Ready to use - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Store at +4oC.
DO NOT FREEZE
This product should be stored undiluted.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ELISA Ultrablock
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- 1. Coat ELISA plate with antibody or antigen as required.
2. After incubation, remove the coating solution and wash the plate x2 with wash buffer. BUF031A can be used for this purpose.
3. Add 300-400ul of BUF033A and incubate for 2-24 hours. Use a volume equal to or greater than the volume of coating solution.
4. After removal of the blocking buffer continue with the assay or dry the plate for long-term storage at +4°C.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for ELISA Ultrablock
Colwell, D.D. et al. (2010) Dicrocoelium dendriticum in cattle from Cypress Hills, Canada: Humoral response and preliminary evaluation of an ELISA.
Vet Parasitol.174: 162-165.
Defresne, F. et al. (2010) Differential influence of anticancer treatments and angiogenesis on the seric titer of autoantibody used as tumor and metastasis biomarker.
Neoplasia 12: 562-570.
Zhang, Y. et al. (2012) Causes of alternative pathway dysregulation in dense deposit disease.
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 7 (2): 265-74.
Krachudel, J. et al. (2013) Luteal insufficiency in bitches as a consequence of an autoimmune response against progesterone?
Theriogenology. 79: 1278-83.