Brefeldin A Solution (1000x) is commonly used to enhance intracellular cytokine staining by inhibiting protein transport. This solution causes many of the cytokines to accumulate in the Golgi apparatus and endoplasmic reticulum.
- Product Form
- 1000x concentrate - liquid
- 5 mg/ml solution prior to dilution
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO)
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Brefeldin A Solution
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- 1. Thaw before use as DMSO freezes at the recommended storage conditions
2. Dilute the Brefeldin A Solution (1000x) to a 1x working concentration using cell culture media
3. Add Brefeldin A Solution (1x) to cell culture for 4-24 hours prior to antibody staining. Do not exceed cell culture time as this may affect cell viability
Note: Aliquot product to avoid repeat freeze-thawing. Time and culture conditions may need to be optimized.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)