- Preservative Stabilisers
Pack Size: 30 ml
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
Pack Size: 100 ml, 250 ml
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Store at room temperature (+25oC). For long term storage recommend 2-8oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Aqueous Mounting Medium
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Ensure product is at room temperature before use.
Do not use non-polar solvent on samples prior to applying this medium.
1. Rinse slide for mounting with distilled or deionized water, touch-dry slide edges on paper towel and place slide on flat surface.
2. Invert vial and open dropper to remove air bubbles.
3. Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly onto specimen and tilt slide back and forth to distribute evenly. A plastic pipette tip may also be used for spreading, taking care not to damage specimen. Remove excess medium by touching slide edges on paper towel.
4. Leave slide to stand for 1-2 hours at room temperature (25oC). Alternatively slide can be heated for 40-60 minutes at 37-40oC.
Mounted slide can now be visualized under a microscope:
1. For oil immersion lens, the oil can be dropped directly onto the mounted specimen, once the mounting medium has dried. A coverslip is not required.
The oil can be later removed by wiping with Kim wipes.
2. For oil immersion lens, apply 1-2 drops of preferred organic mounting medium on top of dried mounted specimen and cover with coverslip.
To remove coverslip or mounting medium, soak the slide for 5-10 minutes in warm water (37oC) until medium is dissolved. Give slide final rinse in warm water. Remount if required.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Aqueous Mounting Medium
Wheeler, J.L. et al. (2013) Novel cellular targets of AhR underlie alterations in neutrophilic inflammation and inducible nitric oxide synthase expression during influenza virus infection.
J Immunol. 190 (2): 659-68.
Mbita, Z. et al. (2015) The association of RBBP6 variant 3 expressions with apoptosis in human immunodeficiency virus-associated nephropathy (HIVAN).
Exp Mol Pathol. 99 (1): 74-80.
Brunnström, Å et al. (2015) On the biosynthesis of 15-HETE and eoxin C4 by human airway epithelial cells.
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 121 (Pt A): 83-90.
Srutkova, D. et al. (2015) Bifidobacterium longum CCM 7952 Promotes Epithelial Barrier Function and Prevents Acute DSS-Induced Colitis in Strictly Strain-Specific Manner.
PLoS One. 10 (7): e0134050.
Love, J.D. et al. (2015) Microsomal Triglyceride Transfer Protein (MTP) Associates with Cytosolic Lipid Droplets in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes.
PLoS One. 10 (8): e0135598.
Wu C et al. (2015) Non-immune immunoglobulins shield Schistosoma japonicum from host immunorecognition.
Sci Rep. 5: 13434.
Dlamini, Z. et al. (2019) RBBP6 Is Abundantly Expressed in Human Cervical Carcinoma and May Be Implicated in Its Malignant Progression.
Biomark Cancer. 11: 1179299X19829149.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra