IL-1 is a inflammatory cytokine produced by activated macrophages. IL-1 is active in the inflammatory reaction and in driving Th1 and Th17 inflammatory responses. IL-1 acts on Th cells and causes them to secrete IL-2, which induces T cells to undergo mitosis and clonal expansion (Straw Barbara, Diseases of Swine -9th edition).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.1 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001660 fever generation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005149 interleukin-1 receptor binding
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0034605 cellular response to heat
- GO:0046688 response to copper ion
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-1 Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra