Visfatin is highly expressed in bone marrow, muscle and liver tissue and increases in expression in response to endotoxin, in amniotic epithelial cells following lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation, and during the activation of T and B cells, dendritic cells and macrophages, suggesting a role in inflammatory processes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.25 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. Due to solubility reasons, it is recommended that the solution be kept at low pH.
- Purified recombinant visfatin expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED 50 was determined by the dose-dependant proliferation of the RPMI 8226 cells. The expected ED 50 for this effect is 15.0-20.0 ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 52.5 kDa (465 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004514 nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0006769 nicotinamide metabolic process
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0009435 NAD biosynthetic process
- GO:0047280 nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- GO:0051770 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Visfatin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|