Human cardiac troponin I is the inhibitory subunit of troponin involved in confering calcium sensitivity to muscle actomyosin ATPase activity. Mutation of the TNN13 gene can lead to familial hypotrophic cardiomyopathy 7 (CMH7), a hereditary heart condition characterized by asymetric ventricular hypertrophy (Kimura et al. 1997). Other cardiomyopathies also occur as a result of mutations in the TNN13 gene (UniProt : P19429).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human heart - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- 7M Urea
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 15mM Mercaptoethanol
- SDS PAGE: >98%
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P19429 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNNI3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001570 vasculogenesis
- GO:0001980 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by ischemic conditions
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005861 troponin complex
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0019855 calcium channel inhibitor activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0030049 muscle filament sliding
- GO:0030172 troponin C binding
- GO:0031014 troponin T binding
- GO:0032780 negative regulation of ATPase activity
- GO:0048306 calcium-dependent protein binding
- GO:0055010 ventricular cardiac muscle tissue morphogenesis
- GO:0060048 cardiac muscle contraction
- For research purposes only
Applications of Troponin I
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Troponin I
Sharma, A. et al. (2016) Rapid Electrical Immunoassay of the Cardiac Biomarker Troponin I through Dielectrophoretic Concentration using Imbedded Electrodes
Biosensors and Bioelectronics. Mar 26 [Epub ahead of print].