Mutations of the TG gene may lead to the development of Thyroid dyshormonogenesis 3 (TDH3) a condition presenting with predominant goiters on the majority of patients and may lead to varying degrees of neurologic and intellectual defects. Variations in the TG gene may also result in increased susceptibility to the development of Autoimmune thyroid disease 3 (AITD3), an autoimmune disorder comprised of two related diseases of the thyroid: Graves disease and Hashimoto thyroditis (Caturegli et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human thyroid glands - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- SDS PAGE: >98%, ultra-pure, IgG low
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 660 kDa by chromatography and electrophoresis, under certain conditions the 330 kDa subunit may be observed.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Thyroglobulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|