TGF Beta 1
Recombinant Human TGF Beta 1
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
- TGF Beta 1
|Transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF beta 1) is a homodimeric protein that regulates the proliferation and differentiation of normal and transformed cells. TGF beta 1 is the most abundant isoform which is secreted by most cell types.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100ul distilled water. Further dilutions should be made in buffer containing a carrier protein such as 0.1% BSA.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. DO NOT VORTEX.
- Recombinant protein prepared from CHO cells.
- CHO cells
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50, determined by the ability of TGF beta 1 to inhibit the mouse IL-4-dependent proliferation of mouse HT-2 cells is ≤0.05 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥2 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 25.0 kDa (2x identical 112 amino acid polypeptide chains)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for TGF Beta 1
Brittain, J. et al. (2001) Activation of sickle red blood cell adhesion via integrin associated protein/CD47 - induced signal transduction.
J. Clin. Invest. 107: 1555 - 1562.
Chaudhary, N.I. et al. (2007) Inhibition of PDGF, VEGF and FGF signalling attenuates fibrosis.
Eur Respir J. 29: 976-85.
Ferret-Bernard, S. et al. (2011) Mesenteric lymph node cells from neonates present a prominent IL-12 response to CpG oligodeoxynucleotide via an IL-15 feedback loop of amplification.
Vet Res. 42:19.
Sándor K et al. (2016) Transcriptional control of transglutaminase 2 expression in mouse apoptotic thymocytes.
Biochim Biophys Acta. Jun 1. pii: S1874-9399(16)30121-3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Transforming Growth Factor Beta
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0001933 negative regulation of protein phosphorylation
- GO:0002062 chondrocyte differentiation
- GO:0002244 hemopoietic progenitor cell differentiation
- GO:0002248 connective tissue replacement involved in inflammatory response wound healing
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005114 type II transforming growth factor beta receptor binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005796 Golgi lumen
- GO:0006611 protein export from nucleus
- GO:0006754 ATP biosynthetic process
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007183 SMAD protein complex assembly
- GO:0007184 SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0007435 salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0048535 lymph node development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008156 negative regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0010718 positive regulation of epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0010742 macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010763 positive regulation of fibroblast migration
- GO:0010800 positive regulation of peptidyl-threonine phosphorylation
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0016202 regulation of striated muscle tissue development
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0017015 regulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0019049 evasion of host defenses by virus
- GO:0019058 viral infectious cycle
- GO:0022408 negative regulation of cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030501 positive regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0031575 mitotic cell cycle G1/S transition checkpoint
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0032570 response to progesterone stimulus
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032801 receptor catabolic process
- GO:0032967 positive regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0035307 positive regulation of protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0043536 positive regulation of blood vessel endothelial cell migration
- GO:0043537 negative regulation of blood vessel endothelial cell migration
- GO:0043552 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity
- GO:0043932 ossification involved in bone remodeling
- GO:0045216 cell-cell junction organization
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045930 negative regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0046732 active induction of host immune response by virus
- GO:0048298 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgA isotypes
- GO:0050680 negative regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0050714 positive regulation of protein secretion
- GO:0050921 positive regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- GO:0051897 positive regulation of protein kinase B signaling cascade
- GO:0060389 pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0060391 positive regulation of SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0070723 response to cholesterol
PHP143B151942 157000 159542
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up