|Recombinant human TGFα is a 5.5kDa peptide corresponding to full-length mature human transforming growth factor alpha. TGFα is an EGF-related growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of epidermal and epithelial cells.|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >1.4 x 106 Units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.5kD (50 Amino Acid Sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Transforming Growth Factor Alpha
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004708 MAP kinase kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0045741 positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up