Recombinant human TGFα is a 5.5kDa peptide corresponding to full-length mature human transforming growth factor alpha. TGFα is an EGF-related growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of epidermal and epithelial cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >1.4 x 106 Units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.5kD (50 Amino Acid Sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
activation of MAPK activity
integral to membrane
MAP kinase kinase activity
signal transducer activity
epidermal growth factor receptor binding
positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
growth factor activity
positive regulation of mitosis
positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TGF Alpha
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human TGFα may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with purifed human TGFα antibody (AHP284G).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human TGFα may be used as the positive control for Western Blotting applications with purified human TGFα antibody (AHP284G).
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)