Recombinant human TGFα is a 5.5kDa peptide corresponding to full-length mature human transforming growth factor alpha. TGFα is an EGF-related growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of epidermal and epithelial cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >1.4 x 106 Units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.5kD (50 Amino Acid Sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P01135 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TGFA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004708 MAP kinase kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0045741 positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of TGF Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)