Retinol Binding Protein
Native Human retinol binding protein is apurified human retinol binding protein preparation. Retinol binding protein is a secreted peptide that delivers retinol from liver stores to the peripheral tissues.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from the urine of patients with chronic renal tubular proteinuria - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml sterile phosphate buffered saline.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- SDS PAGE: >96%
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- 21 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02753 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RBP4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0016918 retinal binding
- GO:0019841 retinol binding
- GO:0030277 maintenance of gastrointestinal epithelium
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0032024 positive regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0032526 response to retinoic acid
- GO:0034632 retinol transporter activity
- GO:0042572 retinol metabolic process
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0048562 embryonic organ morphogenesis
- GO:0048706 embryonic skeletal system development
- GO:0048738 cardiac muscle tissue development
- GO:0048807 female genitalia morphogenesis
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0060044 negative regulation of cardiac muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0060059 embryonic retina morphogenesis in camera-type eye
- GO:0060065 uterus development
- GO:0060068 vagina development
- GO:0060157 urinary bladder development
- GO:0060347 heart trabecula formation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Retinol Binding Protein
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)