RANTES (regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted), otherwise known as CCL5, is a 68 amino acid CC- chemokine which acts as a chemoattractant for monocytes, CD4+/CD45RO+ memory T cells, basophils and eosinophils, thorough binding to chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 1 (CCR1), CCR3 and CCR5.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant RANTES expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.8 kDa (68 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/mg
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to virus
signal transducer activity
cellular calcium ion homeostasis
cellular defense response
response to oxidative stress
negative regulation of viral genome replication
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP062 may be used as an ELISA standard for both AHP340G and AHP340B.
- Western Blotting
- PHP062 may be used as a positive control in western blotting with either AHP340G or AHP340B.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)