RANTES (regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted), otherwise known as CCL5, is a 68 amino acid CC- chemokine which acts as a chemoattractant for monocytes, CD4+/CD45RO+ memory T cells, basophils and eosinophils, thorough binding to chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 1 (CCR1), CCR3 and CCR5.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant RANTES expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.8 kDa (68 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/mg
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P13501 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CCL5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0006887 exocytosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0042056 chemoattractant activity
- GO:0045071 negative regulation of viral genome replication
- For research purposes only
Applications of RANTES
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)