Recombinant Human MMP-2
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Recombinant Human MMP-2 antigen produced in E. coli represents human MMP-2 (matrix metalloproteinase 2) containing the entire catalytic N-terminal domain and C-terminal domain. MMP-2 is otherwise known as gelatinase A, a member of a family of secreted zinc-dependent endoproteases, which play a role in the degradation of extracellular matrix (ECM) components, including both fibrillar and non-fibrillar collagens, laminin, basement membrane glycoprotein and fibronectin.
MMP-2 specifically cleaves gelatin type I, and types IV, V, VII and X collagens, and is also involved in tissue repair, inflammation, tumour invasion, vasculature angiogenesis, and the rupture of atherosclerotic plaques.
Defects in the MMP2 gene are responsible for the autosomal recessive osteolysis disorders known as Torg-Winchester syndrome (Zankl et al. 2007), and multicentric osteolysis nodulosis and arthropathy (Martignetti et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant MMP-2 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
Sodium phosphate Calcium chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- MMP-2 activity was measured by its ability to cleave a chromogenic peptide MMP-2 substrate at room temperature. At an MMP-2 concentration of 2.5 μg/ml, 50% cleavage was achieved at an incubation time of approximately 25 mins.
- >90% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.5 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Gelatinase A
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up