Recombinant Human Interleukin-6 protein produced in E. coli constitutes full length non-glycosylated human IL-6 and retainf full bioogical activity. Interleukin-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor, acting on B cells, T cells and hybridoma cells.This preparation has an ED50 of 0.1ng/ml when assayed by proliferation of murine 7TD1 cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Pack Size: 5 µgReconstitute with 50ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.Pack Size: 20 µgReconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. DO NOT VORTEX. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- >1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE analysis and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 20.9 kDa (184 amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
Please see label for expiry date.
- P05231 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0002384 hepatic immune response
- GO:0002446 neutrophil mediated immunity
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0002675 positive regulation of acute inflammatory response
- GO:0002690 positive regulation of leukocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005896 interleukin-6 receptor complex
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010574 regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0045727 positive regulation of translation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0032494 response to peptidoglycan
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032966 negative regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050871 positive regulation of B cell activation
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant Human IL-6 (PHP045) may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with biotinylated Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-6 (AHP1040B) for detection.
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant Human IL-6 may be used as the positive control for western blotting applications with Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-6 (AHP1040) for detection.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-6||AHP1040||0.1 mg||E FN* IF P* WB|
|Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-6:Biotin||AHP1040B||50 µg||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for IL-6
Ban, S.A. et al. (2014) Combined immunodeficiency evolving into predominant CD4+ lymphopenia caused by somatic chimerism in JAK3.
J Clin Immunol. 34 (8): 941-53.