Interleukin-28A (IL-28A) also known as interferon lambda-2 (IFNL2) is a member of the IL-10 interferon cytokine family. Similar to interferons, IL-28a is induced by viral infection and has anti-viral activity (Kempuraj et al. 2004). IL-28A can be produced by virus infected cells in the skin, leading to upregulation of proteins that inhibit virus replication. In this way, IL-28A may be involved with clearance of viruses in the skin (Wolk et al. 2010). Studies have also indicated that IL-28A is able to induce the innate and adaptive immune responses to engage in anti-tumor activity (Numasaki et al. 2007).
The recombinant Human interleukin-28A can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human interleukin-28A antibody, clone G04-5A2 (MCA6210GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human interleukin-28A antibody, clone G02-3A6 (MCA6211B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥95 % determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 21 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -70oC. Following reconstitution store at -80oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-28A
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human INTERLEUKIN-28A||MCA6210GA||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human INTERLEUKIN-28A:Biotin||MCA6211B||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra