Recombinant Human Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|IGF-I (Insulin-like Growth Factor I), is a secreted mitogenic polypeptide and member of the insulin gene family, produced primarily by the liver, which effects a wide range of cells and plays a key role in cell proliferation and growth, inhibition of apoptosis, and is linked with tumour cell growth.
IGF-I signals through binding to the type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-1R) and also to the insulin receptor (IR), resulting in the activation of the AKT signalling pathway. IGF-I production is stimulated by growth hormone (GH). and can be hindered by GH insensitivity, deficiency in GH receptors or a malfunction in the post GH receptor signalling pathway.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant IGF-I expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 was determined by a cell proliferation assay using FDC-P1 cells is < 2.0 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5 x 105 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.6 kDa
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for IGF-I
Zhang X et al. (2015) Wnt signaling regulates the stemness of lung cancer stem cells and its inhibitors exert anticancer effect on lung cancer SPC-A1 cells.
Med Oncol. 32 (4): 462.
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005158 insulin receptor binding
- GO:0005159 insulin-like growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009441 glycolate metabolic process
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014834 satellite cell maintenance involved in skeletal muscle regeneration
- GO:0014896 muscle hypertrophy
- GO:0014904 myotube cell development
- GO:0014911 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0016942 insulin-like growth factor binding protein complex
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0034392 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell apoptosis
- GO:0035630 bone mineralization involved in bone maturation
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043568 positive regulation of insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045445 myoblast differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045821 positive regulation of glycolysis
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0051450 myoblast proliferation
PHP177159893 164857 170601
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up