GM-CSF (granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor) is a haematopoietic growth factor which exists in both glycosylated and non-glycosylated biologically active forms, and stimulates the development of granulocytes, macrophages, early megakaryocytes and eosinophil progenitor cells. The ability of recombinant GM-CSF to increase haematopoietic cell recovery has become a focus area in the therapeutic treatment of patients following bone marrow transplantation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant GM-CSF expressed in E. coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10mM Sodium citrate pH3.5
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 14.6 kDa (128 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005129 granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0010744 positive regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0032747 positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045918 negative regulation of cytolysis
- For research purposes only
Applications of GM-CSF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
References for GM-CSF
Radford, D.J. et al. (2010) Dehdyroepiandrosterone sulfate directly activates protein kinase C-beta to increase human neutrophil superoxide generation.
Mol Endocrinol. 24: 813-21.
Abediankenari, S, & Ghasemi, M. (2009) Generation of immune inhibitory dendritic cells and CD4+T regulatory cells inducing by TGF-beta.
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol. 8: 25-30
Abediankenari, S. et al. (2011) Human Leukocyte Antigen-G Expression on Dendritic Cells Induced by Transforming Growth Factor-Beta1 and CD4+ T Cells Proliferation.
Iran Biomed J. 15: 1-5.
Olivetta, E. et al. (2005) HIV-1 Nef regulates the release of superoxide anions from human macrophages.
Biochem J. 390: 591-602.
Manfredi, F. et al. (2016) The CD8+ T Cell-Mediated Immunity Induced by HPV-E6 Uploaded in Engineered Exosomes Is Improved by ISCOMATRIX™ Adjuvant.
Vaccines (Basel). 4 (4): pii: E42.
Anticoli, S. et al. (2016) Engineered exosomes boost the HCV NS3-specific CD8+ T lymphocyte immunity in humans
Trials in Vaccinology. 5: 105-10.
Chiozzini, C. et al. (2017) Trans-dissemination of exosomes from HIV-1-infected cells fosters both HIV-1 trans-infection in resting CD4+ T lymphocytes and reactivation of the HIV-1 reservoir.
Arch Virol. 162 (9): 2565-77.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra