Recombinant Human erythropoietein alpha is recombinant human erythropoietein alpha, produced in CHO cells. It is a single polypeptide chain containing 166 amino acids with a predicted molecular mass of 21,000 Daltons and an apparent molecular mass of 30,400 Daltons.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 250ul sterile deionised water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA) is recommended.
- Buffer Solution
- Citrate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- The specific activity was measured by normocythaemic mice and found to be 150,000 IU/mg
- >98.0% by HPLC analysis and SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.2mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- P01588 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EPO Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005128 erythropoietin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008015 blood circulation
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046579 positive regulation of Ras protein signal transduction
- For research purposes only
Applications of Erythropoietin Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Erythropoietin Alpha
Taylor, N.D. et al. (2010) Anti-glycophorin single-chain Fv fusion to low-affinity mutant erythropoietin improves red blood cell-lineage specificity.
Protein Eng Des Sel. 23: 251-60.