Human Elastase is a 28.5kDa serine protease that has been purified from human neutrophils. Elastase is also present in the pancreas, leucocytes and serum.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human neutrophils - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- 50mM sodium acetate, pH 5.5
150mM sodium chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- 20-22 U/mg protein
1 unit hydrolyzes one µmole per minute of MeO-Suc-Ala-Ala-Pro-Val-pNA at 25ºC, in 100mM Tris-Hcl, pH 7.5 with 500mM NaCl.
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Molecular Weight
- 28.5 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P08246 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ELANE Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019955 cytokine binding
- GO:0030163 protein catabolic process
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045415 negative regulation of interleukin-8 biosynthetic process
- GO:0045416 positive regulation of interleukin-8 biosynthetic process
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050728 negative regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050922 negative regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0051635 bacterial cell surface binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Elastase
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)