Defensin Beta 2
Recombinant human defensin beta-2 (BD-2), is a 4.3 kDa peptide comprised of 41 amino acid residues. BD-2, a member of the beta defensin family, is secreted at epithelial surfaces of the skin and respiratory tract and by some leukocytes. This defensin is induced by bacterial products and cytokines during inflammation and functions as part of the innate immune system, having a wide ranging antimicrobial activity. BD-2 also functions as a chemoattractant to immature dendritic cells and memory T cells and acts as a ligand for TLR4, upregulating co-stimulatory molecules and inducing dendritic cell maturation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml 10 mM acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant BD-2, expressed in E. coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract immature dendritic cells using a concentration of 10.0-100.0 ng/ml
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 4.3 kDa (41 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- O15263 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DEFB4A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of Defensin Beta 2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human BD-2 may be used as a standard in ELISA applications with either a purified human BD-2 antibody (AHP849) or a biotinylated human BD-2 antibody (AHP489B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human BD-2 may be used as the positive control in Western Blotting applications with either a purified human BD-2 antibody (AHP849) or a biotinylated human BD-2 antibody (AHP489B).
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)