Defensin Alpha 1
Recombinant Human Defensin-α-1 is a 3.4kDa peptide comprised of 30 amino acid residues corresponding to full-length mature human defenstin alpha 1. Defensin-α-1, otherwise known as HNP-1, is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant defensin-α-1 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract immature dendritic cells using a concentration of 1.0 - 10.0 ng/ml
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 3.4 kDa (30 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- <1 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P59665 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DEFA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0050832 defense response to fungus
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0031640 killing of cells of other organism
- For research purposes only
Applications of Defensin Alpha 1
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with a purified anti human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a positive control for Western Blotting applications with a purifed human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)