Defensin Alpha 1
|Recombinant Human Defensin-α-1 is a 3.4kDa peptide comprised of 30 amino acid residues corresponding to full-length mature human defenstin alpha 1. Defensin-α-1, otherwise known as HNP-1, is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant defensin-α-1 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract immature dendritic cells using a concentration of 1.0 - 10.0 ng/ml
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 3.4 kDa (30 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with a purified anti human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a positive control for Western Blotting applications with a purifed human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up