Recombinant Human Defensin-α-1 is a 3.4kDa peptide comprised of 30 amino acid residues corresponding to full-length mature human defenstin alpha 1. Defensin-α-1, otherwise known as HNP-1, is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant defensin-α-1 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract immature dendritic cells using a concentration of 1.0 - 10.0 ng/ml
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 3.4 kDa (30 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
defense response to fungus
response to virus
killing of cells of other organism
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Defensin Alpha 1
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with a purified anti human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1 may be used as a positive control for Western Blotting applications with a purifed human defensin-α-1 antibody (AHP1781).
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra