Recombinant Human CTGF
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|CTGF (connective tissue growth factor) is a heparin-binding pleiotropic growth factor and member of the CCN family of secreted cysteine rich regulatory proteins, which interacts with other growth factors including transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs).
CTGF promotes the adhesion of epithelial cells and fibroblasts, stimulates integrin expression, and promotes endothelial cell survival, migration and adhesion, implicating CTGF in angiogenesis. CTGF is involved in chondrogenesis and potentially skeletogenesis, induces extracellular matrix formation and has also been implicated in wound healing.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant CTGF expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Acetate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of HUVEC cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0-2.0 µg/ml.
- >95% by SDS PAGE/HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 11.2 kDa (98 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for CTGF
Waddell, J.M. et al. (2011) CTGF expression is up-regulated by PROK1 in early pregnancy and influences HTR-8/Svneo cell adhesion and network formation.
Hum Reprod. 26 (1): 67-75.
- Connective Tissue Growth Factor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0001558 regulation of cell growth
- GO:0005520 insulin-like growth factor binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
- GO:0044255 cellular lipid metabolic process
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up