Collagen is located in the extracellular matrix of connective tissues. It is part of the interacting network of proteoglycans and proteins that provides a structural framework for both soft and calcified connective tissues. Type I collagen (95 kDa) is found in bone, cornea, skin and tendon. Mutations in the encoding gene are associated with osteogenesis imperfecta, Ehlers Danlos syndrome, and idiopathic osteoporosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human placenta - lyophilised
- Use 0.05-0.5 M acetic acid, pH 2.5 at 4ºC.
- Collagen from washed dissected tissue was dissolved in acetic acid after mild pepsin treatment. Collagen type I was then purified using differential salt precipitation.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Molecular Weight
- 300 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02452 Related reagents
- P08123 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- COL1A1 Related reagents
- COL1A2 Related reagents
- The human source was tested and found negative for HBsAg ans HIV-1/2 antibodies.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen I
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)