C-C motif chemokine-8 (CCL8) is also known as HC14, monocyte chemoattractant protein 2, monocytes chemotactic protein 2 and small-inducible cytokine A8. CCL8 is a member of the C-C chemokine subfamily and is an agonist for C-C chemokine receptor type 2 and CCR5 (Ge et al. 2017). Through these receptors, CCL8 is involved in the immune response by attracting monocytes, T-lymphocytes, natural killer cells, basophils, mast cells and eosinophils (Farmaki et al. 2020). Proteolytic cleavage of CCL8 to CCL8 (6-76) converts the chemokine into a potent inhibitor of C-C chemokine-induced chemotaxis (Proost et al. 1998).
This recominant Human CCL8 can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human CCL8 antibody, clone E07-8G5 (MCA6266GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human CCL8 antibody, clone E09-8A1 (MCA6267B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥90% determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 8.9 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -70oC. Following reconstitution store at -80oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006816 calcium ion transport
- GO:0006887 exocytosis
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of CCL8
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human CCL8||MCA6266GA||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human CCL8:Biotin||MCA6267B||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra