C3 is a complement protein that is activated through cleavage by complement 3 (C3) convertases to C3a and C3b. These are further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d. C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified human C3 - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >85% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- P01024 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
Applications of C3
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)