|C3 is a complement protein that is activated through cleavage by complement 3 (C3) convertases to C3a and C3b. These are further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d. C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified human C3 - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >85% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.15 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Complement Component C3
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up