BDNF signals through binding to the high affinity receptor trkB, and also binds to the low affinity neurotrophin receptor LNGFR. Studies have shown the involvement of BDNF in the modulation of short-term synaptic function and in the formation of long-term memory, and reduced levels of BDNF are seen in patients with Alzheimer's and Huntington disease.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant BDNF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of rat C6 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-1.0 μg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 27.0 kDa (119 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
Applications of BDNF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra