Recombinant Human BDNF
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a potent neurotrophin and member of the NGF-beta family, secreted from dense core vesicles, which promotes the growth, differentiation and survival of neurons within, or directly connected to, the central nervous system.
BDNF signals through binding to the high affinity receptor trkB, and also binds to the low affinity neurotrophin receptor LNGFR. BDNF is involved in the modulation of short-term synaptic function and in the formation of long-term memory, and reduced levels of BDNF are seen in patients with Alzheimer's and Huntington disease (Girota et al. 2022).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant BDNF expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of rat C6 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-1.0 μg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 27.0 kDa (119 amino acid homodimer)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up