Alpha 1 Microglobulin
This product runs at approximately 27 kDa under reducing conditions and as a dimer at approximately 54 kDa under non-reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from the urine of patients with chronic renal tubular proteinuria - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml sterile phosphate buffered saline (PBS).
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >96% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- P02760 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- AMBP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004867 serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005215 transporter activity
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0018298 protein-chromophore linkage
- GO:0019855 calcium channel inhibitor activity
- GO:0019862 IgA binding
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0042167 heme catabolic process
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0046329 negative regulation of JNK cascade
- GO:0046904 calcium oxalate binding
- GO:0050777 negative regulation of immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha 1 Microglobulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
References for Alpha 1 Microglobulin
Weyer, K. et al. (2013) Renal uptake of 99mTc-dimercaptosuccinic acid is dependent on normal proximal tubule receptor-mediated endocytosis.
J Nucl Med. 54 (1): 159-65.