C-reactive protein is an acute phase protein, produced by the liver, that is used as a marker of inflammation. Canine C-reactive protein (CRP), as with C-reactive protein in other species, forms a pentamer. Canine CRP differs from human CRP in that two of the subunits making up the pentamer are glycosylated.
This recombinant canine CRP is partially glycosylated, and while the pattern of glycosylation differs slightly from that of native canine CRP, SDS page analysis demonstrates that this recombinant canine CRP behaves in a similar way to the native protein. With similar biochemical properties to the native canine CRP, this reagent may be used as a standard in immunoassays for canine CRP.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline, 2 mM CaCl2
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 114 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Applications of C-Reactive Protein
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|