Alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
|Synthetic alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone
Peptide sequence: Ac-SYSMEHFRWGKPV-NH2. Alpha-MSH is a peptide hormone produced in the anterior pituitary gland involved in melanin production and deposition. It is also associated with the actions and production of proinflammatory cytokines such as TNF-α.
- Product Form
- Purified synthetic peptide - liquid
- Solid phase synthesis
- Buffer Solution
- Acetate salt
- Preservative Stabilisers
- See Buffer solution.
- >95% by HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Alpha MSH
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0007218 neuropeptide signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016486 peptide hormone processing
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0031781 type 3 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0031782 type 4 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0032098 regulation of appetite
- GO:0032720 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0033059 cellular pigmentation
- GO:0034641 cellular nitrogen compound metabolic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- GO:0070996 type 1 melanocortin receptor binding
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up