Alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
Peptide sequence: Ac-SYSMEHFRWGKPV-NH2. Alpha-MSH is a peptide hormone produced in the anterior pituitary gland involved in melanin production and deposition. It is also associated with the actions and production of proinflammatory cytokines such as TNF-α.
- Product Form
- Purified synthetic peptide - liquid
- Solid phase synthesis
- Buffer Solution
- Acetate salt
- Preservative Stabilisers
- See Buffer solution.
- >95% by HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- P01189 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- POMC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0007218 neuropeptide signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0016486 peptide hormone processing
- GO:0031781 type 3 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0031782 type 4 melanocortin receptor binding
- GO:0032098 regulation of appetite
- GO:0032720 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0033059 cellular pigmentation
- GO:0034641 cellular nitrogen compound metabolic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- GO:0070996 type 1 melanocortin receptor binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|