VISA acts downstream of DDX58 and IFIH1/MDA5, which detect intracellular dsRNA produced during viral replication, to coordinate pathways leading to the activation of NF-kappa-B, IRF3 and IRF7, and to the subsequent induction of antiviral cytokines such as IFN-beta and RANTES (CCL5). VISA is believed to activate the same pathways following detection of extracellular dsRNA by TLR3 and it has been hypothosized that VISA is involved in the regulation of apoptosis following viral infection (Lei et al. 2009).
VISA is a ubiquitously expressed protein present in a range of cell types including T-cells, monocytes and epithelial cells, with highest levels in tissues of the heart, skeletal muscle, liver, placenta and in peripheral blood leukocytes. Multiple isoforms of VISA generated by alternative splicing have been identified. Rabbit anti VISA antibody is reactive with full length VISA isoform 1. It does not react with isoforms 2,3,5 or 6, reactivity with isoform 4 is unknown.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human VISA were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 17 amino acid sequence from near the centre of Human VISA.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of VISA antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain
- Western Blotting
- AHP1702 detects a band of approximately 56kDa in Rat brain tissue lysate.
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
Seth, R.B., et al. (2006) Antiviral innate immunity pathways.
Cell Res. 16:141-7
Xu, L.G. et al. (2005) VISA is an adapter protein required for virus-triggered IFN-beta signaling.
Mol Cell. 19 (6): 727-40.
Meylan E, et al. (2005) Cardif is an adaptor protein in the RIG-I antiviral pathway and is targeted by hepatitis C virus.