TGF Beta antibody
TGF-beta1 is a multifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in a wide range of cell types and both positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. TGF-beta1 also plays an important role in bone remodelling through stimulation of oesteoblastic bone formation causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
Defects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CED), also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (Kinoshita et al. 2000).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence Rabbit Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human TGF-beta1 were raised by repeated immunisation of Rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 286-293 of the human TGF-beta precursor protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.4 mg/ml.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0001933 negative regulation of protein phosphorylation
- GO:0002062 chondrocyte differentiation
- GO:0002244 hemopoietic progenitor cell differentiation
- GO:0002248 connective tissue replacement involved in inflammatory response wound healing
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005114 type II transforming growth factor beta receptor binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005796 Golgi lumen
- GO:0006611 protein export from nucleus
- GO:0006754 ATP biosynthetic process
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007179 transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007183 SMAD protein complex assembly
- GO:0007184 SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0007435 salivary gland morphogenesis
- GO:0048535 lymph node development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008156 negative regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0010718 positive regulation of epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0010742 macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010763 positive regulation of fibroblast migration
- GO:0010800 positive regulation of peptidyl-threonine phosphorylation
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0016202 regulation of striated muscle tissue development
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0017015 regulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0019049 evasion of host defenses by virus
- GO:0019058 viral infectious cycle
- GO:0022408 negative regulation of cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030501 positive regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0031575 mitotic cell cycle G1/S transition checkpoint
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0032570 response to progesterone stimulus
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032801 receptor catabolic process
- GO:0032967 positive regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0035307 positive regulation of protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0043406 positive regulation of MAP kinase activity
- GO:0043536 positive regulation of blood vessel endothelial cell migration
- GO:0043537 negative regulation of blood vessel endothelial cell migration
- GO:0043552 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity
- GO:0043932 ossification involved in bone remodeling
- GO:0045216 cell-cell junction organization
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045930 negative regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0046732 active induction of host immune response by virus
- GO:0048298 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgA isotypes
- GO:0050680 negative regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0050714 positive regulation of protein secretion
- GO:0050921 positive regulation of chemotaxis
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- GO:0051897 positive regulation of protein kinase B signaling cascade
- GO:0060389 pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0060391 positive regulation of SMAD protein import into nucleus
- GO:0070723 response to cholesterol
- For research purposes only
Applications of TGF Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human spleen
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|100x Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
Product Specific References
References for TGF Beta antibody
Polichnowski, A.J. et al. (2014) Severe renal mass reduction impairs recovery and promotes fibrosis after AKI.
J Am Soc Nephrol. 25 (7): 1496-507.
Moore, L.B. et al. (2015) Loss of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 alters macrophage polarization and reduces NFκB activation in the foreign body response.
Acta Biomater. 11: 37-47.
Geng, H. et al. (2012) Lysophosphatidic acid increases proximal tubule cell secretion of profibrotic cytokines PDGF-B and CTGF through LPA2- and Gαq-mediated Rho and αvβ6 integrin-dependent activation of TGF-β.
Am J Pathol. 181: 1236-49.
Tark, K.C. et al. (2015) Effects of ginsenoside Rb1 on hypertrophic scar remodeling in rabbit model.
Eur J Pharmacol. 750C: 151-59.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra