Filter by Application:WB P Reset
|Rabbit anti PTK6 antibody recognizes protein-tyrosine kinase 6, also known as breast tumor kinase and tyrosine-protein kinase BRK. PTK6 is a nonreceptor tyrosine kinase that is evolutionarily related to the FRK family of kinases and more distantly to the SRC family of tyrosine kinases (Qui and Miller 2002, Brauer and Tyner 2010). It controls various signaling pathways involved in the differentiation and maintenance of normal epithelia (Brauer and Tyner 2010). PTK6 substrates include AKT (Zhang et al. 2005), SLM1 and SLM2 (Haegebarth et al. 2004), STAT3 (Liu et al. 2006), STAT5b (Weaver and Silva 2007). PTK6 is coamplified and coexpressed with ErbB2 in human breast cancers to promote proliferation (Xiang et al. 2008).|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to PTK6 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 222-451 of human PTK6
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti PTK6 antibody detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in various cell and tissue lysates under reducing conditions
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up