Reticulons are involved in various neurodegenerative diseases such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,and multiple sclerosis (Chiurchiù et al. 2014). Reticulon proteins have been demonstrated to regulate many cellular processes and interact with multiple proteins and receptors such as BACE. NogoA was initially identified as a myelin-associated neurite outgrowth inhibitor (Niederöst et al. 2002). NogoA is highly expressed in oligodendrocytes in the white matter of the CNS (Kuhlmann et al. 2008). Blocking NogoA activity with antibodies or other factors results in improved long distance axonal regeneration and functional recovery in experimental CNS lesion models (Schwab 2004).
NOGOA has a predicted molecular weight of 130kDa however, despite its predicted molecular weight, NogoA typically migrates at ~180kDa in an SDS-PAGE. Rabbit anti human NOGOA antibody is expected to recognize all isoforms of NogoA.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human NogoA were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide sequence corresponding to a 23 amino acid sequence from near the carboxy terminus of Human NogoA
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
Applications of NogoA antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain
- Western Blotting
- AHP1799 detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in Mouse Brain tissue lysate.
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for NogoA antibody
Dann, A. et al. (2011) Cytosolic RIG-I-like helicases act as negative regulators of sterile inflammation in the CNS.
Nat Neurosci. 15: 98-106.
Gerondopoulos, A. et al. (2014) Rab18 and a Rab18 GEF complex are required for normal ER structure.
J Cell Biol. 205 (5): 707-20.
Yan, R. et al. (2006) Reticulon proteins: emerging players in neurodegenerative diseases.
Cell Mol Life Sci. 63 (7-8): 877-89.
Schweigreiter, R. & Bandtlow, C.E. (2006) Nogo in the injured spinal cord.
J Neurotrauma. 23 (3-4): 384-96.
Dupuis, L. et al. (2002) Nogo provides a molecular marker for diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Neurobiol Dis. 10 (3): 358-65.
Chen, M.S. et al. (2000) Nogo-A is a myelin-associated neurite outgrowth inhibitor and an antigen for monoclonal antibody IN-1.
Nature. 403 (6768): 434-9.