Filter by Application:WB P Reset
Rabbit anti Human CD279
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti Human CD279 antibody detects CD279, a co-stimulatory molecule also known as programmed cell death-1 (PD-1). CD279 is a single-pass type 1 membrane protein belonging to the CD28 family, and functions mainly as a negative regulator of T-cell activation. CD279 has two specific ligands; CD274 (PD-L1) and CD273 (PD-L2), and their interaction is key in the balance between stimulatory and inhibitory signals needed for effective immune responses to microbes and self-tolerance. CD279 is inducibly expressed by T-cells, B-cells, NK-T-cells and monocytes upon activation. Loss of CD279 function has been associated with a number of autoimmune diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, type I diabetes and ankylosing spondylitis. CD279 may be targeted therapeutically in the treatment of HIV infection to reduce T-cell exhaustion (Freeman et al. 2006).|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD279 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the centre of Human CD279.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5.0ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1706 detects a band of approximately 45kDa in THP-1 cell lysate
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP|
Ishida, Y. et al. (1992) Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death.
EMBO J. 11 (11): 3887-95.
Zhong, X. et al. (2004) Suppression of expression and function of negative immune regulator PD-1 by certain pattern recognition and cytokine receptor signals associated with immune system danger.
Int Immunol. 16 (8): 1181-8.
Nishimura, H. et al. (1999) Development of lupus-like autoimmune diseases by the disruption of the PD-1 gene encoding an ITIM motif-carrying immunoreceptor.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004725 protein tyrosine phosphatase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
AHP1706145656 155965 161937
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up