CD273 is highly expressed in the tissues of the heart, liver, lung, placenta and pancreas. It is expressed in dendritic cells, and its expression can be induced on inflammatory macrophages when activated by interleukin 4 or Th2 cells.
CD273 functions to inhibit T-cell proliferation by blocking cell cycle progression and cytokine production, and is particularly important in the maintenance of self tolerance.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD273 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the centre of Human CD273.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0012505 endomembrane system
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD273 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1704 detects a band of approximately 30kDa in Raji cell lysate
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
Zhang, Y. et al. (2006) Regulation of T cell activation and tolerance by PDL2.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 103 (31): 11695-700.
LaGier, A.J. & Pober, J.S. (2006) Immune accessory functions of human endothelial cells are modulated by overexpression of B7-H1 (PDL1).
Hum Immunol. 67 (8): 568-78.
Ishida, Y. et al. (1992) Induced expression of PD-1, a novel member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily, upon programmed cell death.
EMBO J. 11 (11): 3887-95.
Holling, T.M. et al. (2004) Function and regulation of MHC class II molecules in T-lymphocytes: of mice and men.
Hum Immunol. 65 (4): 282-90.