Filter by Application:WB P Reset
Rabbit anti Human CD234 (N-Terminal)
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti Human CD234 antibody detects CD234, also known as DARC, a multi-pass membrane protein belonging to the G protein coupled Duffy family. CD234 is a non-specific receptor for a number of cytokines including IL-8, GRO, RANTES, MCP-1 and TARC.
CD234 also functions as the receptor for the malaria parasites Plasmodium vivax and P. knowlesi. CD234 is also responsible for the Duffy blood group system where a substitution at position 42 of either Gly-42 or Asp-42 results in Fy(A) or Fy(B).
CD234 is present in adult kidney, adult spleen, bone marrow and fetal liver. In particular, it is expressed along post capillary venules throughout the body, except in the adult liver. Erythroid cells and post capillary venule endothelium are the principle tissues expressing duffy. Fy(-A-B) individuals do not express duffy in the bone marrow, however they do, in postcapillary venule endothelium. It has been demonstrated that CD234 exists in multiple isoforms.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD234 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 18 amino acid sequence from near the amino terminus of Human CD234.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5.0ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1708 detects a band of approximately 16kDa in PC-3 cell lysate
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB *||0.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP|
Gardner, L. et al. (2004) The human Duffy antigen binds selected inflammatory but not homeostatic chemokines.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 321 (2): 306-12.
Chaudhuri, A. et al. (1993) Cloning of glycoprotein D cDNA, which encodes the major subunit of the Duffy blood group system and the receptor for the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 90 (22): 10793-7.
Gil, M.L. et al. (1992) A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and preliminary functional studies.
J Immunol. 148 (9): 2826-33.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up