Sheep anti Human C3c antibody recognizes the C3c component of human complement, formed as a result of the inactivation of C3b. Sheep anti Human C3c antibody may be used for the detection of C3 deposits in tissues following complement activation.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human C3c were raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Human C3 purified from serum.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 10 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01024 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
Applications of C3c antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/50||1/100|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human skin
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for C3c antibody
Kennedy, M.W. & Kuo, Y.M. (1988) The surfaces of the parasitic nematodes Trichinella spiralis and Toxocara canis differ in the binding of post-C3 components of human complement by the alternative pathway.
Parasite Immunol. 10:459-63.
Oyeyinka, G.O. et al. (2003) The effects of ageing on the immune response to Schistosoma haematobium and hookworm by measuring circulating immune complexes, C3, IgG, IgA and IgM levels in residents of Omi dam area of Kogi State, Nigeria.
Afr J Med Med Sci. 32: 263-7.
Rojana-Udomsart, A. et al. (2013) Complement-mediated muscle cell lysis: A possible mechanism of myonecrosis in anti-SRP associated necrotizing myopathy (ASANM).
J Neuroimmunol. 264: 65-70.
Akinlade, K.S. et al. (2004) Circulating immune complexes, immunoglobulin classes (IgG, IgA and IgM) and complement components (C3c, C4 and Factor B) in diabetic Nigerians.
West Afr J Med. 23 (3): 253-5.