GM-CSF antibody | 8D8
Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF antibody, clone 8D8 recognizes both recombinant and native ovine granulocyte / macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), also known as Colony stimulating factor (CSF).
GM-CSF is one of several cytokines that regulate the survival, growth and differentiation of haemopoietic cells. GM-CSF is secreted from a range of cells including macrophages, T-cells, endothelial cells and fibroblasts in response to antigen, LPS or mitogen stimulation.
Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF antibody, clone 8D8 may be used as a capture antibody in ELISA assays with Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF antibody, clone 3C2 (MCA1924) as a detection reagent for the evaluation of ovine GM-CSF.
Mouse anti Sheep GM-CSF antibody, clone 8D8 has been reported to neutralize the activity of both recombinant and native ovine GM-CSF (Entrican et al. 1996). Removal of the preservative is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Horse Weak Goat Weak
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- CHO expressed recombinant ovine GM-CSF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NS0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This reagent was evaluated at the Moredun Research Institute and The Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh as part of ‘The route to identification of immunological correlates of protection in ruminants’ Industrial Partnership Award funded by BBSRC (grant numbers BB/I019863/1; BB/I020519/1) with the support of Bio-Rad.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:Biotin||STAR11B||C E F P||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:Biotin|
References for GM-CSF antibody
Entrican, G. et al. (1996) Development of a sandwich ELISA for ovine granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 50 (1-2): 105-15.
Pedersen, L.G. et al. (2002) Identification of monoclonal antibodies that cross-react with cytokines from different animal species.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 88 (3-4): 111-22.
Scott, J.L. et al. (2007) Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor and interleukin-8 in the reproductive tract of ewes following oestrus and mating.
Reprod Fertil Dev. 19: 585-93.
John, H.A. et al. (1994) Generation of an ovine bone marrow-derived myelomonocyte-like cell line by retroviral-mediated transformation. Immunological characterization and the effect of cytokines and lipopolysaccharides.
J Leukoc Biol. 55: 785-92.
Deane, D. et al. (2000) Orf virus encodes a novel secreted protein inhibitor of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor and interleukin-2.
J Virol. 74: 1313-20.
Schnabel, C.L. et al. (2013) Evaluation of the reactivity of commercially available monoclonal antibodies with equine cytokines.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 156 (1-2): 1-19.
- Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005129 granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Sheep Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up