TIMP-1 antibody | M05
TIMP-1 is a member of the TIMP family of proteins that assist in regulating the activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and it is mainly expressed by macrophages and fibroblasts. TIMP proteins are specific endogenous inhibitors that bind to the active site of MMPs in a stoichiometric 1:1 molar ratio, thereby blocking access to ECM substrates (Kapoor et al. 2016, Robert et al. 2016). The TIMP proteins including TIMP-1 have poor specificity for any particular MMP and each can inhibit multiple MMPs with differing efficacies (Cui et al. 2017).
The ratio of MMP and TIMP often determine the extent of ECM protein degradation and tissue remodeling. An imbalance of this ratio such as with decreased expression of TIMP can result in various pathological conditions, most notably, heart failure, osteoarthritis and cancer. Low levels of TIMP have also been associated with slow-to-heal wounds and venous wounds (Cui et al. 2017).
The biotinylated Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone M05 (MCA62779B) can be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the purified Mouse anti Human TIMP-1 antibody, clone M03 (MCA6278GA) as the capture antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- E. coli derived recombinant human full length TIMP-1 (Cys24-Ala207)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0051045 negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
- For research purposes only
Applications of TIMP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human TIMP-1||MCA6278GA||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra