Pyroptosis FAM Caspase-1
Pyroptosis FAM Caspase-1 Kit
- Product Type
- Pyroptosis FAM Caspase-1
|Pyroptosis FAM Caspase-1 Kit utilizes the popular FLICA technology to detect caspase-1 activation. This kit contain the caspase-1 inhibitor reagent YVAD-FMK, which has the preferred binding sequence for caspase-1, Tyr-Val-Ala-Asp (YVAD) (Chapman, 1992). This preferred caspase-1 binding sequence is labeled with FAM a green fluorescent dye linked to a fluoromethyl ketone (FMK) reactive entity. Caspase-1 will not cleave the FLICA inhibitor probe; instead, it forms an irreversible covalent bond with the FMK group on the reagent and becomes inhibited from further enzymatic activity.|
- Reagents in the Kit
- 1 vial of FAM-YVAD-FMK Reagent - lyophilized
1 vial Nigericin - lyophilized
10X Wash Buffer, 15 ml
Fixative, 6 mL
Hoechst Stain, 1 ml.
- Test Principle
- To use FLICA, add directly to the cell culture medium, incubate, and wash. FLICA is cell-permeant and will efficiently diffuse in and out of all cells. If there is an active caspase-1 enzyme inside the cell, it will covalently bind with YVAD-FMK and retain the fluorescent signal within the cell. Unbound FLICA will diffuse out of the cell during the subsequent wash steps. Therefore, positive cells will retain a higher concentration of FLICA and fluoresce brighter than negative cells. There is no interference from pro-caspases or inactive forms of the enzymes. After labeling with FLICA, cells can be counter-stained with other reagents and fixed or frozen. Cells labeled with YVAD-FMK can be counter-stained with reagents such as the red live/dead stains Propidium Iodide and 7-AAD. Nuclear morphology may be concurrently observed using Hoechst Stain (included in the kit), a blue DNA-binding dye. Cells can be viewed through a fluorescence microscope or flow cytometer.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) FAM 494 520
- For research purposes only.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- FLICA is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||Refer to Instructions for Use|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at https://www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/static/uploads/ifu/ict9145-6.pdf
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
ICT9145155903 156437 156891 157334 157445 157657 159094 159183 159526 160134 160377 160467 160874 161189 161412 161635 161854 161953 162200 162652 162745 162746 163206 163486 163647 163710 163935 164106 164147 164496 164588 165089 165560 166630 166908
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up