Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
Filter by Application:IF F Reset
|The MitoPT JC-1 kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between non-apoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.|
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT JC-1 Reagent, 400 tests
Two bottles 10x Assay Buffer, 125 mL
CCCP (50 mM in DMSO), 600 uL
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as JC-1 (5,5’,6,6’-tetrachloro-1,1’,3,3’-tetraethylbenzamidazolocarbocyanin iodide) that has been incorporated into the MitoPT JC-1 kit.
The MitoPT JC-1 reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and fluoresces green. This allows an easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- MitoPT™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT944.pdf
References for Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
Gizak, A. et al. (2019) Targeting a moonlighting function of aldolase induces apoptosis in cancer cells.
Cell Death Dis. 10 (10): 712.
Jasek, E. et al. (2012) Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on etoposide-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells.
Anticancer Res. 32 (7): 2791-9.
Xiaojuan, W. et al. (2014) In Vitro Comparative Effect of Three Novel Borate Bioglasses on the Behaviors of Osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 Cells
Journal of Materials Science & Technology. 30 (10): 979-83.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up