Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT™ JC-1 Reagent - lyophilized
10X Assay Buffer, 125mL
600uL vial of 50mM Carbonylcyanide m - chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP) concentrate in DMSO
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as JC-1 (5,5’,6,6’-tetrachloro-1,1’,3,3’-tetraethylbenzamidazolocarbocyanin iodide) that has been incorporated into the MitoPT™ JC-1 kit.
The MitoPT™ JC-1 reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and fluoresces green. This allows an easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at -20°C until the expiration date. Protect the MitoPT™ JC-1 reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 100X MitoPT™ JC-1 stock should be stored at -20°C protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- MitoPT™> is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:MitoPT™ JC-1 Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT944.pdf
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster