The MitoPT™ JC-1 kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between non-apoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT JC-1 Reagent, 100 tests
10x Assay Buffer, 60 mL
CCCP (50 mM in DMSO), 125 uL
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as JC-1 (5,5’,6,6’-tetrachloro-1,1’,3,3’-tetraethylbenzamidazolocarbocyanin iodide) that has been incorporated into the MitoPT JC-1 kit.
The MitoPT JC-1 reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and fluoresces green. This allows an easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit and each unopened component at -20°C until the expiration date. Once opened, some components may be stored at 2-8°C until the expiration date. CCCP should be stored frozen. Once reconstituted with DMSO, dilute and use MitoPT reagent immediately, or store at ≤-20°C for 12 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- MitoPT™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:Mitopt JC-1 Kit
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT943.pdf
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:Mitopt JC-1 Kit
Jasek, E. et al. (2012) Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on etoposide-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells.
Anticancer Res. 32 (7): 2791-9.
Wei, X. et al. (2014) In Vitro Comparative Effect of Three Novel Borate Bioglasses on the Behaviors of Osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 Cells
J Mater Sci and Technol. 30: (10) 979–83
A, G. et al. (2019) Targeting a moonlighting function of aldolase induces apoptosis in cancer cells.
Cell Death Dis. 10 (10): 712.