Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:Mitopt JC-1 Kit
The MitoPT™ JC-1 kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between non-apoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT™ JC-1 Reagent - lyophilized
10X Assay Buffer, 60mL
125uL vial 50mM Carbonylcyanide m - chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP) concentrate in DMSO.
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as JC-1 (5,5’,6,6’-tetrachloro-1,1’,3,3’-tetraethylbenzamidazolocarbocyanin iodide) that has been incorporated into the MitoPT™ JC-1 kit.
The MitoPT™ JC-1 reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and fluoresces green. This allows an easy distinction between non-apoptotic red fluorescent cells and apoptotic green fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at -20°C until the expiration date.
Protect the MitoPT™ JC-1 reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 100X MitoPT™JC-1 stock should be stored at -20°C protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- MitoPT™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:Mitopt JC-1 Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT943.pdf
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Kit||ICT944||400 Tests||F IF|
Product Specific References
References for Mitochondrial Permeability Transition:Mitopt JC-1 Kit
Jasek, E. et al. (2012) Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors trichostatin A and valproic acid on etoposide-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells.
Anticancer Res. 32 (7): 2791-9.
Wei, X. et al. (2014) In Vitro Comparative Effect of Three Novel Borate Bioglasses on the Behaviors of Osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 Cells
J Mater Sci and Technol. 30: (10) 979–83
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster