Mitochondrial Membrane Potential MitoPT™ TMRE Kit
The MitoPT™ TMRE kit uses a quick and easy staining method to clearly differentiate between non-apoptotic and apoptotic cells through mitochondrial functionality.
- Reagents in the Kit
- MitoPT™ TMRE Reagent - lyophilized - to make up 1mM stock
10X Assay Buffer, 125mL
600uL vial 50mM Carbonylcyanide m - chlorophenylhydrazone (CCCP) concentrate in DMSO.
- Test Principle
- An early indication of apoptosis involves a collapse in the electrochemical gradient across the mitochondrial membrane. Loss of mitochondrial membrane potential can be detected by a unique fluorescent cationic dye known as TMRE (tetramethylrhodamine ethyl ester), that has been incorporated into the MitoPT™ TMRE kit.
The MitoPT™ TMRE reagent easily penetrates cells and enters the mitochondria. It aggregates in the mitochondria of non-apoptotic cells and fluoresces bright orange/red, whilst in apoptotic cells it diffuses throughout the cell. Once dispersed, the reagent assumes a monomeric form and exhibits a reduced orange/red fluorescence level. This allows an easy distinction between apoptotic and non-apoptotic fluorescent cells which can be read with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at -20°C until the expiration date.
Protect the MitoPT™ TMRE reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 1mM MitoPT™ TMRE stock should be stored at -20°C protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- MitoPT™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mitochondrial Membrane Potential MitoPT™ TMRE Kit
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/IFUICT946.pdf
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mitochondrial Membrane Potential Kit||ICT948||500 Tests||F IF|