The Magic Red Cathepsin K Kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze intracellular cathepsin K protease activity in whole living cells.
- Reagents in the Kit
- Magic Red Substrate (MR-LR2), 25 Tests - lyophilized
Hoechst 33342, 1 mL
Acridine Orange, 0.5 mL
- Test Principle
- Cathepsin Magic Red Kits measure cathepsin K protease activity by detecting active cathepsins in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent which is cleaved in the presence of cathepsins to produce a fluorescent product.
The Magic Red reagent contains a cathepsin K target sequence peptide (LR)2 linked to a red (Cresyl Violet) fluorescent probe.
The Cathepsin Magic Red Kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. Jurkat, HL-60, THP-1, fibroblasts, UMUC-3, MCF-7 and U937 cells have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used in fluorescence microscopy or with fluorescence plate readers using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit and each unopened component at +4oC until the expiration date.
Once reconstituted with DMSO, use Magic Red reagent immediately, or store at -20oC for 6 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice during that time.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Magic Red™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cathepsin K
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT939.pdf
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)