The Magic Red™ Caspase 3 & 7 kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze intracellular active caspases in apoptotic cells.
- Reagents in the Kit
- Magic Red™ MR-(DEVD)2 Reagent - lyophilized
Hoechst 33342 Stain, 1 mL
Acridine orange (AO), 0.5 mL
- Test Principle
- Caspase Magic Red™ kits measure apoptosis by detecting active caspases in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent which is cleaved in the presence of caspases to produce a fluorescent product. The Magic Red™ reagent contains a caspase inhibitor sequence (DEVD)2 linked to a red (Cresyl Violet) fluorescent probe.
The Caspase Magic Red™ kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. Jurkat, HL-60, THP-1, fibroblasts, UMUC-3, MCF-7 and U937 cells have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used in fluorescence microscopy or with fluorescence plate readers using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at +4oC until the expiration date.
Protect the MR-(DEVD)2 reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 155X MR-(DEVD)2 stock should be stored at -20°C protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- Magic Red™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Caspase-3/7
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT935.pdf
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Magic Red™ Caspase-3/7 Kit||ICT936||100 Tests||IF|
Product Specific References
References for Caspase-3/7
Wei, Z. et al. (2011) Notch activation enhances the microglia-mediated inflammatory response associated with focal cerebral ischemia.
Stroke. 42 (9): 2589-94.
Shibata, Y. et al. (2016) Controlled in-cell release of caspase from photodegradable nanoparticles using the PARCEL method
Applied Spectroscopy Reviews. Mar 13 [Epub ahead of print]