Filter by Application:IF Reset
Magic Red™ Caspase-3/7 Kit
- Product Type
|The Magic Red Caspase-3/7 kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze intracellular active caspases in apoptotic cells.|
- Reagents in the Kit
- Pack Size: 25 TestsMagic Red Substrate MR-(DEVD)2, 25 Tests - lyophilized
Hoechst 33342, 1 mL
Acridine Orange, 0.5 mLPack Size: 100 TestsMagic Red Substrate MR-(DEVD)2, 100 Tests - lyophilized
Hoechst 33342, 1 mL
Acridine Orange, 0.5 mL.
- Test Principle
- Caspase Magic Red kits measure apoptosis by detecting active caspases in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent which is cleaved in the presence of caspases to produce a fluorescent product. The Magic Red reagent contains a caspase inhibitor sequence (DEVD)2 linked to a red (Cresyl Violet) fluorescent probe.
The Caspase Magic Red kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. Jurkat, HL-60, THP-1, fibroblasts, UMUC-3, MCF-7 and U937 cells have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used in fluorescence microscopy or with fluorescence plate readers using black microtitre plates.
- For research purposes only.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Magic Red is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
Once reconstituted with DMSO, use Magic Red reagent immediately, or store at -20°C for 6 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice during that time.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT935.pdf
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT936.pdf
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Magic Red™ Caspase-3/7 Kit||ICT936||IF||100 Tests||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Magic Red™ Caspase-3/7 Kit|
References for Caspase-3/7
Wei, Z. et al. (2011) Notch activation enhances the microglia-mediated inflammatory response associated with focal cerebral ischemia.
Stroke. 42 (9): 2589-94.
Shibata, Y. et al. (2016) Controlled in-cell release of caspase from photodegradable nanoparticles using the PARCEL method
Applied Spectroscopy Reviews. Mar 13 [Epub ahead of print]
McHugh, B.J. et al. (2019) Cathelicidin is a "fire alarm", generating protective NLRP3-dependent airway epithelial cell inflammatory responses during infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa..
PLoS Pathog. 15 (4): e1007694.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up