The FAM FLICA™ Caspase 2 kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze active caspases in apoptotic cells.
- Reagents in the Kit
- 1 vial of FAM-VDVAD-FMK FLICA™ Reagent - lyophilized
10X Wash Buffer, 15 mL
Fixative, 6 mL
Propidium Iodide, 1 mL
Hoechst Stain, 1 mL
- Test Principle
- Caspase FLICA™ kits measure apoptosis by detecting active caspases in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a unique cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent called the Fluorochrome Inhibitor of Caspases (FLICA). The FLICA™ reagent contains a caspase inhibitor sequence linked to a green (Carboxyfluorescein, FAM) fluorescent probe.
The Caspase FLICA™ Kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. HeLa, primary neurons, macrophages and lymphocytes have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) at +4°C until the expiration date.
Protect the FLICA™ reagent from light at all times.
Once reconstituted, the 150X FLICA™ stock should be stored at -20°C protected from light.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- FLICA™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Caspase-2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT918.pdf
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)