The FAM FLICA caspase-10 kit uses a quick and easy method to analyze active caspases in apoptotic cells.
- Reagents in the Kit
- 4 vials of FAM-AEVD-FMK FLICA Reagent - lyophilized
10x Apoptosis Wash Buffer, 60 mL
Fixative, 6 mL
Propidium Iodide, 1 mL
Hoechst 33342, 1 mL
- Test Principle
- Caspase FLICA kits measure apoptosis by detecting active caspases in whole, living cells. These kits do not work by using antibodies or as an ELISA. Instead, their methodology is based on a unique cell-permeable and non-cytotoxic reagent called the Fluorochrome Inhibitor of Caspases (FLICA). The FLICA reagent contains a caspase inhibitor sequence linked to a green (Carboxyfluorescein, FAM) fluorescent probe.
The Caspase FLICA kits are suitable for cells in suspension and adherent cells from many species including mammalian, insect and yeast. Different cell types, e.g. HeLa, primary neurons, macrophages and lymphocytes have also been successfully studied with these kits.
This kit can be used with a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope or a fluorescence plate reader using black microtitre plates.
- Store the unopened kit and each unopened component at +4oC until the expiration date.
Once reconstituted with DMSO, use FLICA reagent immediately, or store at -20oC for 6 months protected from light and thawed no more than twice during that time.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- FLICA™ is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-10
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/ICT923.pdf
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Caspase-10
Cisterne, A. et al. (2014) Silencer of Death Domains Controls Cell Death through Tumour Necrosis Factor-Receptor 1 and Caspase-10 in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
PLoS One. 9: e103383.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra