HuCAL Fab-F-Spy2-H negative control, clone AbD18705ad is a recombinant Fab antibody fragment in the format Fab-F-Spy2-H with specificity for green fluorescent protein (GFP). It has no known reactivity with mammalian proteins or other antigens. It has been tested by ELISA for specificity to GFP, but has not been tested in other applications. It is suggested as a negative control reagent when using other HuCAL antibodies of the same Fab format.
It is recommended that this reagent is used at the same concentration as the test reagent.
- Target Species
- Negative Control
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library. Expressed in a proprietary E. coli strain. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag, a SpyTag version 2 (VPTIVMVDAYKRYK) and a His6-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% ProClin 950
- Green fluorescent protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- ProClin is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow
This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HuCAL Fab-F-Spy2-H Negative Control antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols for coupling a Fab antibody with a SpyTag to a SpyCatcher can be found at SpyTag and SpyCatcher Products, and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra